Women who do CrossFit workouts know that the type of shoes you wear for your workout really matter just as choosing the best walking shoes plantar fasciitis or flat shoes. A quality CrossFit shoe brand should be stable and have a solid sole to support you when lifting weights. The shoes should also make you feel like your feet are firmly planted on the ground. To help you get the best shoes, we have reviewed for you 10 of the best CrossFit shoes for women.
- 1 How You Can Choose the Best CrossFit Women Shoes
- 2 10 Best Crossfit Shoes for Women 2019
- 2.1 1. Merrell Bare Access Women’s Arc 4 Trail – Best for Advanced Low Light Visibility
- 2.2 2. Reebok Crossfit Speed Women’s TR Cross Trainers – Crossfit Shoes for Better Traction
- 2.3 3. Nike Metcon 2 for Women – Perfect for Athletic Individuals
- 2.4 4. Women’s Inov-8 F-Lite 235 Fitness Shoes – Perfect for Proper Breathability
- 2.5 5. Under Armour Threadbone Push Women’s Cross-Trainer Shoe – Best Shoes for Proper Traction and Stability
- 2.6 6. ASICS Fuzex TR Women’s Cross-Trainers – Best in Terms of Durability
- 2.7 7. Nobull Women’s Training Shoes – Best for Multi-Environmental Usage
- 2.8 8. PUMA Women’s Riaze Cell Cross-Training – Best for Exceptional Comfortability
- 2.9 9. Adidas Adipure 360.3 Women’s Cross Training Shoe – Best Flexible Crossfit Shoes
- 2.10 10. Nike Free 5.0 Women’s TR Fit PRT – Ideal for Handling Various Natural Environments
- 3 Conclusion
How You Can Choose the Best CrossFit Women Shoes
As a woman, you need the right CrossFit shoes if you want to take your workout to the next level. You should ensure that you don’t miss out on the best CrossFit shoes for women because you don’t know the features to look for. Here are features to guide you in selecting the right CrossFit shoes.
Material use to make the shoes
The type of material used to make your CrossFit pair of shoes is very important. First of all, you need to go for shoes that are made of a hypoallergenic material. This will prevent any skin irritations or allergic reactions that you may have towards a certain material.
The amount of shock absorption required depends entirely on the type of workout that you will be doing. For instance, if you are more focused on weightlifting, shoes that don’t absorb too much shock would be ideal. This is because too much shock absorption may reduce your daily weightlifting. On the other hand, if your CrossFitting workout involves a lot of running, shoes with greater shock absorption will do.
Arch and Heel Support
This is also another significant factor that you need to consider. You need CrossFit shoes that will support your arch and heel comfortably. If you are doing a lot of weightlifting workouts, you need shoes with great arch support to prevent any foot pains.
Breathability and Lightweight
Good CrossFit shoes should be breathable and lightweight. Having enough airflow in your shoes ensures that you don’t over-sweat or overheat while performing intense workouts. You will be less likely to develop blisters in breathable shoes. Working out in lightweight shoes will make you feel more comfortable.
You need a CrossFit shoe brand that will fit your foot perfectly. You don’t want shoes that your foot will slip out of in the middle of your workout sessions.
10 Best Crossfit Shoes for Women 2019
|Merrell Bare Access Women’s Arc 4 Trail||Mesh and TPU upper||4.8|
|Reebok Crossfit Speed Women’s TR Cross Trainers||Synthetic||4.5|
|Nike Metcon 2 for Women||Synthetic||4.9|
|Women’s Inov-8 f-Lite 235||Rubber sole||4.5|
|Under Armour Threadbone Push Women’s Cross-Trainer Shoe||Rubber sole||4.5|
|ASICS Fuzex TR Women’s Cross-Trainers||Rubber sole||4.4|
|Nobull Women’s Training Shoes||Mesh||4.7|
|PUMA Women’s Riaze Cell Cross-Training||Rubber sole||4.7|
|Adidas Adipure 360.3 Women’s Cross Training Shoe||Synthetic||4.5|
|Nike Free 5.0 Women’s TR Fit PRT||Rubber sole||4.5|
1. Merrell Bare Access Women’s Arc 4 Trail – Best for Advanced Low Light Visibility
Merrell is one of the latest cross-training shoe manufacturers who have dominated the market of late with their high quality and durable shoes. The Merrell Bare Access Women’s Arc 4 Trail is one of their latest CrossFit shoe models. It is a minimalist shoe brand that is designed to be comfortable and responsive.
The Bare Access Arc 4 Trail features hyper-sensitive insoles that will provide you with superior control while you are running or walking hence boosting your safety. It has thick and comfortable cushioning that will support your foot and your overall weight. Its outsole is abrasion resistant and will provide you with durable protection while at the same time allowing forefoot flexibility.
The Bare Access 4 is designed with an upper mesh that is breathable and full-bodied. This flexible upper is designed to move with your foot as you run or workout. The midsole is made of compressed and molded EVA midsole. Its MBound technology will provide you with an excellent feel of the road. You will barely feel the shoes on your feet.
- Excellently light.
- The mesh upper makes it highly breathable.
- Flexible and very responsive to the foot.
- Reasonably priced.
- Offers solid traction on various surfaces.
- Since it’s a zero-drop shoe, its overall stability is great.
- Its Vibram outsole features deep cuts and grooves to provide you with excellent grip.
- Offers little support for the arch.
- Quite narrow for people with wide feet.
- Not suitable for heavy weightlifting.
2. Reebok Crossfit Speed Women’s TR Cross Trainers – Crossfit Shoes for Better Traction
The Reebok Crossfit Women’s TR Cross Trainers are designed with an extra-intensity workout in mind. When you look at the shoe’s outsole, you will realize that a lot of thought was put into its design. The primary outsole material is hard rubber. This will guarantee you excellent durability. The manufacturer has applied clever design by dividing the rubber outsole into smaller plates for extra flexibility.
Its midsole is made of EVA foam. This gives the shoes good responsiveness and high durability. Its upper features a specialized design that addresses the demands of CrossFit exercises. The CORDURA mesh upper is lightweight and porous to keep your foot at a comfortable temperature and moisture free when you wear the shoes.
In terms of weight, the Reebok Crossfit Speed Women’s TR Cross Trainers are excellently lightweight, weighing only 8.5 ounces. This ensures that your performance will not be impaired by any extra weight. Besides being functional, these CrossFit shoes also look good. Its high-end and sleek design will make you look both fashionable and tactical, even when you are in a casual environment.
- Durable and breathable upper.
- Built for high-impact workouts, speed training and cross training on various surfaces.
- The midsole is highly absorbent.
- Excellently lightweight.
- Stylish look and comes in several color choices.
- Allows multi-directional movement of the foot.
- Firm heel for stability when lifting weights.
- Half-a-size longer than the expected size.
- Quite narrow in width.
- A bit expensive.
3. Nike Metcon 2 for Women – Perfect for Athletic Individuals
CrossFit fanatics understand how important it is to have the right gear. Wearing the right shoes will keep you comfortable and cool when working out. This is why the Metcon 2 is one of the best CrossFit shoes for women. The shoes are designed to withstand a harsh CrossFit training session. They are crafted to offer excellent support to your foot while doing heavy weight-lifting, running, climbing a rope or doing any vigorous workout activities.
Its outsole is made of solid and durable rubber to give you a stable base when working out. The outsole has tri-star tread patterns to give you multi-directional traction and to also improve grip on most surface types. The midsole features a removable foam that is dense enough to provide you with stability for heavy weightlifting.
The midsole unit is also designed to help you stay in the ground due to its low-to-the-ground profile. Its 4-mm drop will keep your foot relatively flat. The upper section is made of a low-cut silhouette material that allows for free ankle mobility in all directions. The upper material used for the upper is a sandwich mesh that will give your foot a cushioned feel.
- Available in a wide variety of stylish colors.
- Has a zero-drag heel, which is a feature that is almost unique to its brand.
- Much better flexibility and breathability than its predecessors.
- It’s flat and stable for weightlifting.
- Wide toe box.
- Supportive and comfortable for CrossTraining.
- Excellent traction even on wet gym floors.
- Provides a minimum amount of cushioning.
- The laces are too long.
- The low-heel design causes slippage and even blisters for some.
4. Women’s Inov-8 F-Lite 235 Fitness Shoes – Perfect for Proper Breathability
The Inov-8 F-Lite 235 is specifically designed for the cross-training and cross-fit community. It boasts of a unique PowerHeel design that will give you maximum support while participating in high-powered stationary exercises like lifting weight. Its forefoot is flexible and slightly cushioned to push your foot while making lateral movements like sprinting and box jumping.
The Inov-8 outsole is made of thick rubber to make it a tough cross-trainer. The bottom of the outsole is made of sticky rubber to provide extra traction so that you are always stable on any floor surface. The rubber outsole extends up to form a toe bumper. This solid toe bumper will protect you from burpee fatigue.
The midsole is designed with impressive Powerheel technology on the heel section. As a result, the heel is 40% denser as compared to the forefoot for maximum stability. The upper section is made of a breathable and lightweight mesh. The Met-cradle technology is used to design the upper. This makes the shoes to adapt to your foot’s natural movement.
- Upper is designed to provide a comfortable and customized fit.
- Features a 360 Rope technology to protect your foot and the shoe from rope burns.
- The flex grooves make it excellently flexible.
- Offers a solid platform for weightlifting.
- Toe bumper will protect your feet and toes from burpee fatigue.
- Its welded overlay construction makes the shoe light and gives it a perfect fit.
- Roomy toe-box.
- Shoelaces are short.
- The mesh part of the upper tears apart after a few months of use.
5. Under Armour Threadbone Push Women’s Cross-Trainer Shoe – Best Shoes for Proper Traction and Stability
This thoughtfully designed CrossFit shoes for women are not only practical but stylish. Its rubber outsole makes the shoes to be resilient and durable to withstand the wear and tear that are associated with workouts. The outsole has diamond tread patterns on them to give the shoes maximum grip on almost all types of surfaces.
The midsole section uses dense Charged Cushioning foam that makes the shoes to be responsive to your foot movements. The Threadbone Push also has a sock liner that is made of ethylene-vinyl acetate. This sock liner will keep your foot comfortable and give you a custom fit. Atop the charged cushioning is a molded rubber that delivers support to your foot when making lateral movements. This molded rubber wraps the side of your forefoot.
The Threadbone upper features an embroidered lightweight and breathable fabric. It is designed to give the shoes structure without adding extra weight on it. As a result, the shoes give a snug fit. On the forefoot area, there are dynamic webbing loops. These loops offer support during multidirectional foot movement.
- Excellently breathable due to its embroidered upper.
- Great stability and traction.
- Full-length sock liner gives a custom fit and added comfort.
- The charged cushioned midsole absorb impact from your foot.
- Molded rubber on its sidewalls increases durability.
- Absorbs shock from the foot to lessen the impact on your knee.
- Great for high-intensity workouts.
- Awesome look.
- It usually runs small to size.
- Narrow footbed and toe box.
- The underfoot is not excellently cushioned
6. ASICS Fuzex TR Women’s Cross-Trainers – Best in Terms of Durability
The ASICS Fuzex is designed with some of the latest technologies. Its outsole features the ASICS patented High Abrasion Rubber. This rubber material is capable of holding up against the elements while also maintaining your shoe’s newer look and feel for a longer time. The rubber is thick for added comfort and durability.
The Fuzex midsole is made of the unique Fuse Gel from Asics. This gel makes the shoes firm enough while keeping the weight low. The gel also gives the shoes excellent shock absorption. Even better, the Fuzex comes with an Ortholite sock liner that gives it a plush feel. The sock liner also wicks away sweat from your foot to keep it cool and dry.
A seamless and water-resistant mesh is used to make the upper. Its water-resistant property sets it apart from other CrossFit shoes. The upper is made seamless to eliminate irritations and blisters on your foot when you wear it for longer periods. The mesh upper makes the shoes breathable by allowing airflow to your foot.
- Comfortable to wear for long periods.
- Suitable for people with high arches.
- Stylish look.
- Designed to improve your gait patterns while running.
- Absorbs shock from your entire foot.
- The High Abrasion Rubber gives it unbeatable durability.
- Adaptive cushioning on the heels offers great shock absorption.
- Offers a high level of traction.
- It’s a bit stiff to some users.
- Longer break-in period before it becomes comfortable.
- Runs small to the size and a bit narrow.
7. Nobull Women’s Training Shoes – Best for Multi-Environmental Usage
The Nobull CrossFit shoe is perfect for women who want to do intense cross-training and need shoes that will handle any challenge. Its high carbon rubber outsole is engineered to help the shoes endure intense workouts on any floor surface. The outsole has lug patterns that provide traction and enhances multi-directional flexibility of the shoe.
The Nobull trainer features a midsole that is full-length. The midsole is incompressible and is engineered to offer steadiness while working out. The midsole is flexible enough to allow for natural foot movements. It is also capable of attenuating shock. Inside the shoes, there is an anatomical insert that increases the shoe’s shock absorption abilities.
The sock liner is molded so that it can wrap your underfoot to give maximum comfort. The upper is made of a one-piece fabric. This SuperFabric material has a guard plate on its top section. It is designed to be durable and can also withstand high abrasion when you are doing the high-intensity workout. The mesh upper being breathable helps to keep your foot chamber aerated.
- Avery versatile shoe for cross-training.
- Excellent comfort for extended training periods.
- Lightweight and breathable.
- The sole unit is flexible.
- Has a roomy toe box.
- Fits true to size.
- Extremely grippy soles.
- Uncomfortable for people with narrow feet.
- Insole slides during workouts.
- Steep price.
8. PUMA Women’s Riaze Cell Cross-Training – Best for Exceptional Comfortability
The PUMA Women’s Riaze Cell is a well-cushioned, stylish and is specifically designed for women. It is engineered to provide your feet with the required support. Its thick rubber sole offers excellent traction on all types of surfaces. It features a heathered textile upper that keeps it breathable.
The Puma’s heel cushioning is designed with a 10-cell cushion that facilitates high-tech absorption of shock. The midsole section is made of an EVA foam for added cushioning and shock absorption. In terms of look, the shoe is stylish and is very feminine.
What’s more, this shoe brand offers a soft mesh that provides it with the best breathability that you would ever think about. When it comes to absorbing shock, comfort and stability, this shoe brand is one of the best you could ever rely on. The fit that this shoe brand offers is also supportive because of the synthetic overlays that it has been made with.
- Its soft mesh upper gives it excellent breathability.
- Its Ortholite sock liner offers optimum fit.
- Great shock absorption for comfort and stability.
- Features a high abrasion-resistant rubber in the outsole unit.
- Has a foam padded tongue and collar that makes it super cozy.
- Allows for free motion at the arch area.
- The synthetic upper overlays give it a supportive fit.
- Runs a bit smaller to the size.
- The mesh upper may wear out after some time.
9. Adidas Adipure 360.3 Women’s Cross Training Shoe – Best Flexible Crossfit Shoes
The Adidas Adipure 360.3 Women’s Cross Training shoes have been designed for agility workouts. Its outsole unit is made of a high abrasion resistant rubber material. The solid rubber outsole protects the shoes from wear and tear. It is suitable for intense indoor training since its rubber is non-marking.
Its heel section and midfoot area are reinforced with a rubber compound that is sticky. This helps to prevent slipping when you are lifting heavy weights or doing squats. The tread patterns on its outsole resemble razor blade edges arranged in a row. They provide traction by biting the floor. The midsole is made of a sculpted EVA foam. This helps to provide shock attenuation without adding any extra weight to the shoes.
The upper section features a sock-like construction that gives it a perfect snug. The upper is made of a neoprene fabric to give your foot a hugging comfort. It is mesh-like and is lightweight to offer flexibility and ventilation.
- Excellent gripping capabilities.
- Has a glove-like fit.
- Its midsole is low profile so that you can feel in touch with the ground.
- It’s well-contoured and stylish.
- Efficient for CrossFit workouts, short runs and gym sessions.
- It’s super light and can accommodate swift.
- Maybe small and tight for some wearers.
- Foot entrance is quite tight.
- The midsole is thin.
10. Nike Free 5.0 Women’s TR Fit PRT – Ideal for Handling Various Natural Environments
Nike is known for producing quality sports shoes. The Nike Free 5.0 Women’s CrossFit shoes are not left out since it is designed with impressive features. Its outsole is made of rubber material that is high-abrasion resistant. This rubber sole protects the sole unit from wear and abrasion. There are waffle patterns on the outsole ensures that each step you take is comfortable.
That’s not all, the sole also has hexagonal flex grooves that let your foot feel free to move in any direction. The Nike Women’s 5.0 also features a midsole unit that is low-profile. Its midsole is made of EVA Foam pellets that are placed in a mold. This midsole construction makes the shoes to be comfortable and excellently responsive. As a result, your foot will stay secure and safe when you are standing on this unit.
Its upper unit features an engineered mesh that gives the shoes a comfortable and breathable coverage. The upper is not only appealing to look at but is also durable. The upper is also light so that you won’t feel like your foot us being dragged by the shoes.
- Its upper fit is agreeable to the shape of the foot.
- The upper fabric is excellently breathable.
- It’s very comfortable.
- Its underfoot platform is flexible.
- Helps to alleviate any foot or muscle pains.
- Its mesh upper is soft and gentle on the skin.
- Removable insole that offers contoured underfoot support.
- Shoelaces are too long.
- Midsole wears off quickly.
- Runs half a size smaller.
Having the best CrossFit shoes for women will help you achieve the best results from your workouts. As a woman, one of your main desires is to maintain your shape and improve your health. CrossFit exercises will help you achieve that.
You can pick the best CrossFit shoes for yourself from the review above based on your preferences. Ensure that you go through the guide on how to choose the best CrossFit shoes to help you comfortably make a pick without a hassle.
When it comes to our pick, we would recommend Nike Metcon 2 for Women. This is because the shoe brand is designed to handle harsh CrossFit training sessions. It also offers the best support to the foot while walking. Since its outsole is made of rubber, the shoe brand is very durable. Although you will have to pay more to get it, the Nike Metcon 2 for Women is worth every penny.