Pain is the worst nightmare to any human being. In fact, any pain that occurs consistently in your body can cause restlessness and sleepless nights.
One of the most appropriate ways to deal with pain is to introduce heat to that aching region. You can either heat the part or add ice cubes to reduce pain.
Heating pads are great tools to use when in pain. These pads have evolved over time because of technological advancements.
During the olden days, people used to make heating pads using wood and metal boxes. Hot coals would be inserted into the box. The user would then put it on the affected area.
In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about heating pads and the different heating pads available in the market.
So, let us jump right into it.
- 1 Benefits and Harms of Having a Heating Pad
- 2 6 Best Heating Pads 2019
- 3 What Is This Product?
- 4 When Do You Need These Heating Pads?
- 5 How To Choose The Best Heating Pads
- 6 Conclusion
Benefits and Harms of Having a Heating Pad
- These heating pads can help to dispense pains within a short time. The heat spike through the skin to the affected area by creating pressure hence comforts your muscle.
- You can save a huge chunk of money by using heating pads. This is because you can use one heating pad to heat various parts of the body. Thus, you do not have to buy a new one every time you have a different injury.
- They are comfortable. You can carry them from one place to another. For instance, they can keep your injured muscle comfortable when traveling for long.
- As I mentioned earlier, pain can cause sleeplessness. However, you can deal with this problem when you introduce the heating paid to where the pain is. The pain disappears, and you fall into deep sleep in the end.
- Pains usually discourage from performing better at work. Nonetheless, you can introduce these heating pads even when working. You will surely hack the job even when you are going through any pain
- These pads usually create pressure that can help your blood vessels to dilate. Therefore, the vessels can accommodate more oxygen needed for the affected area. Also, there will be smooth blood flow and prevent accumulation of cholesterol in them.
- Common cold comes in when you expose your chest or body to so much cold. You can use these pads to provide heat to your body hence; you will recover within a short time. This will assist in strengthening your immune system as well.
- You should never use heating pads on open, swollen, bruised wounds. Use ice cubes/ ice pack to treat these areas.
- You cannot also apply heat if you have a burn on your skin
- Pregnant women and people suffering from heart diseases should consult a doctor before use
- People with vascular diseases, diabetes, deep vein thrombosis, multiple sclerosis should never use these heating pads. This is because heat introduction can cause further infections.
- Passing heat over long periods can make healing process slow. Ensure that you switch off the heating pad after some few minutes. This is to prevent the muscle from overheating which can cause discomfort.
- Do not get used to dry heat. According to experts, moistened heat penetrates deeper through the tissues than dry heat.
6 Best Heating Pads 2019
**Below, you'll find our reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
This heating pad will help you deal with pains around your shoulder, back, legs, arms and your abdomen.
This pad keeps your comfortable when you wear it on any part of your body because it is made with thick microplush fibers. Therefore, you can use this tool daily to massage your pain.
Additionally, the heating pad takes away the pain within seconds of use. This is because it can heat up within a short time when you turn it on. On the other hand, you can use the heating pad to provide the muscle with moistened heat.
- You can wash the pads
- The electric cord is long
- Comfort while using the heating pad
- It has an auto shut option
- It contains a strong odor hence not suitable for individuals with a sensitive skin
- Only provides lukewarm temperature
If you are looking for a heat pad that can alternatively provide cold temperature, then this Activewrap heating pad is a good choice.
You will only have to wrap this pad around your wrist of leg. Manufacturers provide only one size that can fit everyone. You can also use it for the left or right hand.
You can recharge heat with this wrap. Additionally, the wrap comes with ice cubes which you can re-use when you want to freeze the pad. This makes it durable.
Use this during the night for a comfortable sleep and you will not have any regrets because the wrap is very soft and offers comfort during the night.
This is suitable for both athletes and patients.
- Soft and comfortable
- You can use the wrap to heat and cool
- The ice cubes are re usable
- Help to reduce pain through the night
- Once cold it can take a bit longer to heat it up again
- Also, the ice packs may take longer to heat up
These heating pads offer a simple solution for individuals that have pains on whichever part of their body.
Place the heating pad inside the microwave and it will heat up within a few seconds. The interesting thing is that this heat stays for long.
People who are sensitive to smells and allergies can use the pad since the chemical odor used does not produce any smells.
- They are easy to use
- Heat lasts long
- Comfortable while treating pains
- Beads do not produce any odors
- Be sure to check how hot it is before placing it on your child’s body
- The fabric retains excess moisture
This is a great alternative for those that not only want to get rid of pains, but also remove toxins from our bodies. The pad contains jade and tourmaline stones that provide the negative ions that provide energy that cleanses every waste in the body.
Since pads that use infra red heat can have side effects, this pad is safe to use. Therefore, you can use them for long.
- Prevents sleeplessness
- Removes body toxins to keep you healthy
- You can use it for long
- Heals pains quickly
- You can also use it to massage
- It is difficult to sleep on it because of its firmness
You only use this heating pad on the neck and shoulders only. However, it can help to deal with various muscle pains and sores effectively.
You can also use these pads during winter to keep your body warm. You can use this product for the longest time possible because you can reuse them repeatedly.
The pad comes with instructions on its proper use. Additionally, the manufacturer includes a bag for storage.
- Proper storage makes it durable
- Provides warmth during cold season
- Deals with all types of muscle pain
- You can also heat its wrap
- Soft for comfortability
- Produces rice scent when heated
- Sensitive for people with allergies
This heating pad produces moist heat. Thus, more heat pierces deeper into the skin. Also, you do not have to add water for it to produce any moistened heat.
You can use this pad to deal with pains and stiffness.
It also has a timer that turns off automatically to prevent overheating.
- You can wash the heating pad
- It turns off automatically
- Has built in moistened heat
- It can over heat
What Is This Product?
Some people refer these heat pads as packs or hand warmers.
Users with any muscle or joint pain usually place them in the affected region to relieve pain. Most people use this for the therapeutic purposes.
The heating pads provide the body with moist heat that can help in healing the body. However, other heating pads provide dry heat to the body. Additionally, patients who seek therapeutic assistance can use the heating pads as an alternative to medicine. Nonetheless, you can use these pads together with the drugs you are using to heal the pain.
When Do You Need These Heating Pads?
Psychologically, human beings will find comfort at a place where they can get some warmth. This is the same principle applied to muscle joints. If you experience pain in any joint, you can use a heating pad for comfort and healing to these regions.
Also, you need to understand that introducing heat to the affected area helps to dilate your blood vessels. Therefore, it boosts the amount of blood that flows to that affected area. Heating also makes the muscle to be flexible.
We can divide the forms of heat therapy into 3 types:
If you have a small region that is in pain, then you can just introduce heat to that part only. For instance, if you have a stiff muscle, just put the heating pad on top of it. You can use a bottle filled with water or heated gel pads for these small areas.
If the pain spreads through a larger area, you can decide to apply heat over a larger area. In this case, you can use a larger heating pad or even heat wraps.
This is for patients/ individuals with pains that spread through the whole body. For this type of pain, you need to provide bigger types of equipment to heal such pain. Therefore, the individual should go for a hot bath or a sauna.
Additionally, use these heating pads for pains such as:
• Irritation around the wrist, heel, shoulder, elbow, etc
• Muscle strains/ stiffness
• Pains on the tendons
• Any sprains
How To Choose The Best Heating Pads
Few people consider having a heating pad even when they do not need it. Most people buy when the need to have one comes up.
Therefore, most people end up buying pads that are of low quality. Finding the best heating pad in the market is difficult. However, we help you discover what you should consider the next time you are out there shopping for one.
Before we look at some of the tips, it is crucial to know that you can find high-quality heating pads in:
Medical supply stores, discount stores, drug stores, etc.
Tips to consider:
The heating pad’s material should make you comfortable while you are in it. Other heating pads may come with scents that can react with sensitive skin. See to it that the smell on the pad does not irritate you in any way especially when heated.
The smell should help you relax other than cause discomfort.
Also, ensure that the material is not difficult to clean. A heating pad made of fabric is easy to clean.
You can use one heating pad to treat various parts of your body. It is vital to pick a material that will last longer.
Choose a well-known brand
As these heating pads gain a lot of popularity, some manufacturers offer low quality and counterfeit brands. Therefore, carry out a research so that you know which product has the best review in the market.
There are many sizes available in the market. Be sure to choose one that will fit that specific area depending on the type of injury. For instance, pick a heating pad that will fit your shoulder length.
There you have it people.
We would love to hear your opinion on your best heating pad so far. You can leave a comment and we will be glad you did so.
You can also share the article if you liked it.