Getting a good night sleep depends on several core factors. The sleeping position you choose to sleep on highly determines the comfort you get. Remember sleep is one of the most important parts of everyone's life. Your body requires adequate refreshment for the next day's duties.
People go for different sleeping positions with respect to their preferences. Are you stomach sleeper and you have been worried about how to get a comfortable night sleep? It’s possible. Though it is not a recommendable sleeping position, with the correct remedies everything could work-out quite well. All you need is to get the best mattress for stomach/front sleepers.
A very small percentage of people have reported stomach sleeping as their preferred sleeping position. This makes it a bit difficult to get a good mattress for the stomach sleepers. However, this may not be a problem anymore. Our extensive research shows that it is quite possible and easy to get the best mattress for stomach sleepers. I have prepared important tips and a guideline to help get a good mattress as a stomach sleeper.
- 1 5 Best Mattress For Stomach Sleepers In 2019
- 2 Why Stomach Sleeping Is Not Recommended
- 3 Are There Any Benefits of Stomach Sleeping?
- 4 Tips to Increase Comfort to Stomach Sleeping
- 5 Choosing The Best Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
- 6 Conclusion
5 Best Mattress For Stomach Sleepers In 2019
Are you a stomach sleeper and you want to start experiencing best night sleeps with perfect comfort? Am sure you would definitely seek to get the best mattress for the same. From its name you are able to tell how good it is. Live and Sleep is a perfect mattress that is bound to satisfy your luxury needs. Its firmness makes a perfect match for your sleeping position.
- Has a perfect firmness and a deluxe comfort
- It is mid-priced thus affordable
- Designed with temperature regulating technology
- Has a removable cover for easy care and cleaning
- Pressure relieving
- It is firm and of high density for maximum body support
- It’s incredibly durable
- Maybe expensive for low-income earners
- It is not water resistant
As discussed earlier in the article, stomach sleepers need a firm enough mattress for maximum comfort. It shouldn’t be too firm or hard. Zenus is that mattress. It has a memory foam infused to ensure soft and firm support is offered to you.
- Has a perfect firmness for stomach sleepers
- Provide a conventional bounce
- No odors experienced
- Well ventilated for maximum airflow.
- It is affordable
- Not fire retardant
It seems like everywhere you turn, you find a new product waiting for you to take advantage of their unique benefits. The mattress industry is manufacturing their products in respect with the pace of the trends in the field. If you’re ready to enjoy night sleeps on your stomach sleeping position, a firm and non-toxic mattress free from harmful chemicals and synthetic materials is here. The Mandarin Home Collection is worth your precious dollars. Firm enough to ensure your weight is evenly distributed regardless of your sleeping position
- Remarkable Firmness
- It is affordable
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- No toxic emissions experienced
- Temperature regulation is guaranteed
- Satisfies you well
- Well ventilated for good airflow
- It is not waterproof
Comfort is the main goal here. Sleeping on your stomach can be quite uncomfortable sometimes. Getting that perfect mattress with the correct firmness to keep you asleep is quite tricky. However, Zinus is here to provide a solution to meet your needs. It is a memory foam mattress. Memory foam is a popular mattress material on the market with amazing attribute and qualities
- Firm and offers incredible comfort
- It is relatively durable
- No pressure points whatsoever
- It is quite affordable
- It is eco-friendly
- It has a good density to accommodate your sleeping position
- It is not waterproof
- No temperature regulation measures
Latex is another popular mattress material trending. It is a plant material and purely natural. Pure Green Natural Latex Mattress is a good mattress for any stomach sleeper. It can transform your everyday sleep into something more than comfortable. It basically designed to offer the most conducive environment and comfort for your sound sleep.
- Incredibly firm enough
- It keeps allergenic agents at bay
- It has a firm support for optimum sleep comfort
- It allows customization. You can specify the firmness and thickness of your desire.
- It offers a perfect weight balance
- No pressure points at all.
- It is well ventilated
- It can catch fire easily.
Why Stomach Sleeping Is Not Recommended
Truth be told, stomach sleeping is not a recommendable sleeping position. That’s why a very small number prefers sleeping on their fronts. There are several reasons as to why stomach sleeping is not common. These reasons include the following
Poor Spine Alignment:
Most stomach sleepers have been reported to have frequent back complications. Sleeping on your stomach applies much stress on your spine. This may lead to persisting back pains. Your spine is a very sensitive and fragile part of your body. It offers a big deal of support to the entire body.
Normally, when you spent the whole day working, much strain is applied on your spine and if you don’t get enough rest, back pains could be your next possible predicament. It’s a common case but then you ought to prevent it. When you sleep on your stomach, your spine is kind of curved and you end-up straining your spine for a whole night.
Causes Neck Pains
The same way this sleeping position affects your back, it also does the same to the neck. Those who sleep on their stomachs can bear me witness that you will have to tilt your head to one side unless you improvise a way to breathe through your pillow. Tilting your head to one side normally twists your neck and if this is done repeatedly, serious problems may be experienced especially on your neck. Am sure those of you who prefer stomach sleeping have once experienced this. Your neck is as fragile as your spine.
It is Not Good for Pregnant Women:
Can you imagine how your unborn baby will be or feel when you sleep on your stomach? Am sure you wouldn't wish that to happen at all. I know it not possible for a woman to sleep on her stomach during the late stages of her pregnancy. Either way, the sleeping position is not good for the unborn baby even at the early stages of your pregnancy.
The increased weight on the middle part of your body may lead apply excess strain on your spine leading to serious back pains. Back pains can be manageable at times. You wouldn't want to know what happens to your baby. With all that squeezing there will be not enough room for the baby. You may end-up suffocating the baby which am sure will never be your wish. Sleeping on your side is advisable for the sake of your condition.
Are There Any Benefits of Stomach Sleeping?
The fact is that stomach sleeping is not a recommendable based on the many good reasons. However, it has been proved to have its own benefits too. For those people who have a problem with snoring when sleeping, stomach sleeping may be your perfect solution. Research proves it to be a working solution for many.
If you are a victim of heartburn and indigestion there is hope you can recover from both of them. Sleeping on your stomach is an advisable remedy for these complications.
Tips to Increase Comfort to Stomach Sleeping
As much as sleeping on your stomach is not recommendable, it is possible to make it as comfortable and healthy as you wish. The main problem with stomach sleeping is that it keeps your spine out of alignment, and there are a few tips you can employ to help it maintain its neutral position. A few of these include:
• Use of a pillow: Most of your weight is in the hip area. Using a firm thin pillow underneath your hips to avoid misalignment of your spine leading to lower lumbar pains. A pillow will eliminate the downward bending and keep the spine perfectly aligned. If it doesn’t work for you, you may consider replacing your mattress with a much more firm mattress.
• Keep your legs flat and straight: Pulling and bending any of legs towards you maybe not good for your spine alignment. It twists the lumbar keeping the spine in an unstable posture which leads to back pains.
• Avoid using a pillow on your head and neck: For stomach sleepers, use of a pillow on your neck and head is not quite advisable. In this position, your neck needs to be straight and free from unnecessary strains. It is wise for you to cease using a pillow beneath your head and neck to avoid neck twists. You may consider purchasing a full body pillow if this is not helpful
• Regular body exercise: If you choose stomach sleeping as your favorite sleeping position, then you may consider doing regular exercises in the morning after waking up. This helps eliminate any twists and possible spine strains that may have occurred during your night sleep.
Choosing The Best Mattress for Stomach Sleepers
You may be asking yourself how you will manage to make the best choice of stomach sleeper mattress. It is quite simple and fast as long you put into consideration some important factors some of which I will list below. Note that stomach sleeper mattress should be slightly firmer than average mattresses. This attribute ensures that you sleep with maximum comfort with any strain and pressure whatsoever.
The following considerations should be put into consideration before making a stomach sleeper mattress choice.
• Your weight: The fact that you will experience much comfort on a firm mattress doesn’t mean you go for everything hard and firm. Consider your weight and pick what best suits you. For those with a Body Mass Index (BMI) of below 20 may kindly consider purchasing a medium mattress. Fairly firm in that case. Stomach sleepers with a BMI of above 20 may go for a firm product.
• Mattress Indentation load deflection (ILD): ILD is a measurement resulting from a test in which a mattress is compressed a total of 25 percent of its thickness using a 50 square inch circular indenter. ILD highly determines the firmness of a particular mattress. The higher the ILD the firmer the mattress will be.
• Your sleeping partner: If you share a bed with someone you are bound to considering their preferences too. In most cases, medium mattresses do better with partners sharing a bed. This helps maintain the interests of both sleeping partners. Make sure you consult your sleeping partner before purchasing the mattress.
There you have the best five mattresses for Stomach Sleepers. I will always advise you to be keen when making your choice. Don't purchase any mattress just for the sake of purchasing it. Always focus on your needs and desires. Lucky enough, I just gave you some cool tips and guidelines to help you make the best choice. Make sure you put into consideration the factors I mentioned earlier in the article. Do a thorough comparison between the reviewed products. Pick the one that best meets your needs as a stomach sleeper.
However, I would recommend Mandarian Home Collection for all stomach sleepers. It has the correct features of a stomach sleeper mattress. Get what you need not what you want.