We all want a comfortable mattress that provides both support and comfort, but finding one that’s affordable can be something of a challenge, especially if you’re on a tight budget.
In order to help you on your quest to find the right mattress for the right price, we’ve put together this list of what we feel are the best mattresses for under $300. We’ve included lists of pros and cons to help you better figure out what you’re looking for in a mattress and whether or not one of these options might be a good choice for you.
Top 5 Best Mattress Under 300$ Reviews 2018
While the king size version of this mattress regrettably exceeds our $300 budget most of the time, the other sizes (Queen and smaller) all fall within that limit so this mattress meets our standards for this list, especially given its many positive qualities that make it well worth the cost.
- Contains five diverse layers, including one innerspring layer that contains individually-pocketed springs that help to provide support and stability.
- Also has specially designed layers of different memory foams that help to distribute your weight and relieve muscle pressure and tension while also contouring to your body for comfort.
- Has a soft and comfortable cover that can be washed; this cover also assists in ventilation of temperature regulation (keeping you cool and comfortable while you rest).
- Good if you want a mattress with minimal motion transference (the phenomena where one occupant moves and that motion is felt by the other sleep).
Comes with a 10-year warranty and if you do end up wanting to return it you can receive a full refund.
- Even though it falls within a $300 budget, it’s still little more expensive than some of the other mattresses currently available.
- Like with many other mattresses that incorporate memory foam, there’s a possibility for the mattress to begin sagging or developing indentations in places where it bears your weight repeatedly for long periods of time.
This thirteen-inch mattress is currently available in Queen and California King sizes, both of which fall under a $300 spending limit. This mattress is notable for it’s multiple layers of specially designed memory foam that combine to offer a combination of comfort and support, all for an affordable price.
- Contains high-density layers of both cooling gel memory foam and regular memory foam.
- s temperature-sensitive thanks to the cool gel memory foam, which helps to keep you from overheating while you sleep .
- Comes with a soft knitted and breathable cover made of gentle bamboo fibers; this cover is incredibly comfortable while also removable and washable.
- Comes with a ten year warranty that can cover any defects found in the product.
- Conforms to the curves and contours of your body, providing support and comfort for your individual needs.
- Can help relieve tension in pressure points and problem areas like your back and joints thanks to the memory foam and is good for all sleeping positions.
- If you do decide to return it for any reason, the process for doing so can be difficult and frustrating (and you may end up unable to get a full refund).
- There is sometimes a faint odor when you first unpack it (this is common with mattresses that contain memory foam); it can be particularly unpleasant if you have a sensitive sense of smell or are prone to olfactory irritation or inflammation.
This 8-inch mattress is comprised of three layers of memory foam, each one with its own beneficial features. This mattress is also certified through the CertiPUR-US program that assesses memory foam mattresses to make sure that they are safe and reliable
- Has three distinct layers of memory foam; the top layer is charcoal infused memory foam that conforms to the contour of your body, the middle layer is specially ventilated cool memory foam that keeps the mattress (and you) from overheating, and the bottom layer consists of high density foam that offers support.
- Because it is made entirely of memory foam, there is very little motion transference.
- Has met the strict guidelines of the CertiPUR program for being considered a safe and durable mattress with minimal emissions; this mattress contains no harmful chemicals or heavy metals and releases no ozone depleters that could harm the environment.
- Has active charcoals embedded in the top layer of memory foam that keeps the mattress fresh
- The charcoal particles also absorb moisture, helping to keep the mattress dry and prevent issues like mold and mildew that can develop when too much moisture accumulates in a mattress.
- Because it’s made entirely from memory foam, it is very soft and depending on your weight it’s possible to sink into the mattress more deeply than some people are comfortable with.
- This mattress, like other memory foam mattresses that are compressed for shipping, has a slightly off-putting odor when first unpacked, and this smell can take a few days to dissipate.
This mattress may eventually develop sagging in places where it bears weight often.
This mattress from Aveline is very popular for being an affordable memory foam option that is not too hard and not too soft, providing both comfort and support while also not being too expensive.
- Certified through the CertiPUR-US program, meaning it is safe and dependable (with no ozone depleters, harmful chemicals, or heavy metals within the memory foam).
- Is medium-firm; not too soft, not too hard, making it a good choice if you want a combination of comfort and support.
- Thanks to the removable and washable cover, it is easy to clean if it gets dirty. Also, the cover is specially designed with a zipper, which can help your mattress keep its shape.
- Since it is made from memory foam, there is minimal motion transference.
- Comes with a ten year warranty that will cover any product defects.
The top layer is made of gel-infused memory foam that helps to keep the mattress adequately ventilated, which helps to keep you cool when sleeping (even in hot and humid conditions).
- Doesn’t have as much edge support as other mattresses, so you may eventually experience sagging at the edges of the bed.
- Like many foam mattresses, has a strange smell when first unpacked; unlike some mattresses that lose this smell within the first few hours, this mattress may take a few days to completely air out.
- If you end up needing to return it for whatever reason, the refund process can be difficult (and potentially even impossible) if you no longer have the original packaging that the mattress came in.
- It can take a little longer to regain its original shape after bearing heavy weights for an extended period of time.
This mattress from Sleep Innovations is one of their cheaper selections, but even with the lower price tag this mattress still has many positive qualities that make it a good option to consider if you want a good mattress for a fair price.
- A good choice if you want to be able to sleep in any position (on your back, one your side, or on your stomach).
- Has two main layers; the thinner top layer of memory foam contours to your body and encourages comfort while the thicker bottom layer is made of support foam that adds stability and sturdiness.
- Made with advanced comfort technology that incorporates specially designed gel-infused memory foam that helps keep the mattress at a comfortable temperature while you sleep.
- The memory foam is made entirely in the United States, so you can rest assured that it meets federal healthy and safety guidelines.
- Is an excellent choice for anyone with a smaller body type.
- Helps to promote spinal alignment and relieve pressure and pain in problem areas like your hips and lower back.
- Made by the Sleep Innovations company, who are renowned for their many other high-quality mattresses; they are a group that has lots of experience making mattresses and all their products are clinically tested for effectiveness
- Isn’t the best choice for anyone with a large body type or anyone who’s more heavyset; the mattress breaks down much more quickly if it bears a large amount of weight for extended periods of time.
- Can take a couple of days after being unpacked to fully expand to its full size.
We hope that you’ve found our list of mattresses helpful and informative. And remember, while these are the mattresses that we consider the best for under $300, there are others available on the market. Finding the perfect mattress for yourself is important for your health and well-being, so don’t be afraid to do additional research if necessary.