Playing outdoor basketball is fun, especially if you have your feet inside the best outdoor basketball shoes. The best outdoor basketball shoes will provide you with comfort, support and the hard grip you need while shinning in an outdoor basketball court. There are a lot of basketball shoes but only few of them are ideal for outdoor basketball games.
With useful tips on how to choose the best outdoor basketball shoes, you will lay your hands on top-of-the-line outdoor basketball shoes. You will not only find quality shoes but also save some money. Now the question is: how do I choose the best outdoor basketball shoes?
How to Choose the Best Outdoor Basketball Shoes
There are a few things to keep a keen eye on while shopping for some best outdoor basketball shoes. They include the following:
The Sole Traction
The outdoor basketball court is unforgivingly dangerous during a fall due to slipping and sliding. As such, you need outdoor basketball shoes that have treads that will provide maximum traction, thus preventing any slips and slides that might cause dangerous slips and falls and jeopardize your safety.
When shopping for some best outdoor basketball shoes, settle on those whose treads provide the traction that you need in the court. Also, buy basketball shoes whose soles are hard enough to handle the harsh terrain of the outdoor basketball court.
Material of Construction
The sole of your outdoor basketball shoes will always be hard rubber, which is a high quality material for best outdoor basketball shoes. For the upper part of the sneakers, you will probably get top-quality leather as the materials that shoe designers use to make your basketball shoes.
Top-quality materials make sure that your basketball shoes serve you longer, thus saving you some money just like when buying walking or running shoes. Also, buy shoes that have sufficient ventilation because outdoor basketball courts are not controlled environment like indoor courts. You will have sufficient aerated feet during your outdoor basketball matches.
There are reputable brands that manufacture best outdoor basketball shoes that are also of high quality. Material used to make your shoes will impact how you perform in your basketball matches. So, you should give this much thought, like other any other factor.
Shoes’ Stability and Their Support
Outdoor basketball shoes come in different styles, shapes and sizes. Each case has its own benefits. Sometimes, you might need more comfort especially after pervious injuries. In this scenario, you’d need outdoor basketball shoes that provide great shock absorption. Also, you could buy high-top basketball shoes if you have a weak ankle. They will also provide you with great support.
Sometimes, you could need flexibility while playing outdoor basketball. In this case, you could buy low-top sneakers or outdoor basketball shoes which are almost similar to walking shoes for flat feet. However, these types of shoes don’t provide stability and support as much as you might need! But you already know what to do when you want stability and support while playing.
Choosing the best outdoor basketball shoes depends on your playing style and requirements, among others. This means that you will keep a keen eye on other factors too if you need best outdoor basketball shoes for your matches.
Best Walking Shoes for Flat Feet Reviews 2021
|ASICS Men’s GEL-Nimbus 20 Running Shoe:
|Fabric and Synthetic
|Brooks Addiction 12
|Fabric and Synthetic
|New Balance 1080v6
|Mizuno Wave Rider 20
|Nike Air Zoom Structure 19
|Saucony Cohesion 10
|Brooks Adrenaline GTS
|Hoka One One Bondi 5
|Leather and Synthetic
|Under Armour Men’s Dash 2
|Textile and Synthetic
|Salomon Men’s Speedcross 4
1. Nike LeBron Soldier XI Mens Shoes – Best For All Types of Basketball Needs
Are you looking for a solid basketball shoe that can last more than a season with you? Then the Nike LeBron Soldier XI could be the right outdoor basketball shoe for you. Its midsole is designed with the Phylon and Zoom technology. Its outsole features a thick and durable rubber to give you the best court grip.
Its upper is made of a mesh that will give your foot the right ventilation that you need to be comfortable. In terms of performance, the LeBron Soldier XI is excellent. It features Zoom units on its heel and forefoot area. These units make the shoes to be responsive and help to absorb impact.
As a result, the shoes are well cushioned to help shield your muscles and knees from fatigue and stress. That’s not all; the shoes also have Phylon which is a responsive and lightweight EVA foam, along the length of its midsole.
On its rubber outsole, the Lebron Soldier XI has traction patterns that are shaped like a triangle. These traction patterns will give you the best grip on any court surface. In terms of style, the Nike LeBron XI is way ahead of the pack. Its one-bootie construction gives it a trendy look.
- Offers excellent impact protection.
- It’s very responsive.
- Its mesh upper provides steady airflow to your foot.
- It fits true to size.
- It’s very versatile hence can suit any athlete’s playing style.
- Laceless design saves you time.
- Insole is plush and comfortable.
- Most wearers love its futuristic design.
- Unnecessary ankle strap that does not give the required support.
- The Swoosh on it may start to peel after some time.
2. Under Armour Curry 4 – Best Traction Basketball Shoe
If you are looking for a basketball shoe brand that will give you more control, traction and comfort, then you will love the Under Armour Curry 4. It is the fourth edition of the Curry shoe line. Whether you would like to break down the defense so you can get to the rim or drain threes from the arc, this shoe brand will help you do it all.
The Curry 4 features a new design. It has evolved into a shoe brand that is meant to help you keep up with the Steph’s Curry unique game. Thanks to its knitted sleeve, the pair of shoes is very comfortable. It also features speed plates for containment and microfiber quarter panels to offer you support.
In addition, the pair of shoes also has cross-centric patterns on its outsole for enhanced traction, grip and control on the court. In terms of cushioning, the Curry 4 features proprietary EVA foam that will give you more responsiveness under your foot. What we loved about the Curry 4 is its traction, courtesy of the outsole patterns that were inspired by the gravitational waves theory of Albert Einstein.
These patterns are designed in such a way that they will give you great on-court grip and control by optimizing the traction from your forefoot to heel.
- It is one of the best looking basketball shoes.
- Its EVA foam cushioning has a degree of bounce to it.
- Performs solidly on the court.
- Its traction is designed to allow you change directions quickly.
- It is a best-fitting basketball shoe.
- Designed to mold to the shape of your foot.
- Suitable for fast and light guards.
- It’s a stylish sneaker.
- Its outsole needs wiping every time since it’s like a dust magnet.
- Made of thin materials hence not durable.
3. Adidas Crazylight Men’s Performance Boost Low 2018 – Best Lightweight Shoes
This latest edition of the Crazylight shoes from Adidas is an improvement on the shortcomings of the previous versions. It was designed with motion support and containment in mind. It also retains the cushioning and the superb traction that the previous models were known for.
In terms of cushioning it has a full-length Boost on its midsole, which is caged at the forefoot area. As a result, you will have a pronounced feel of the court at the lateral areas of your foot. You will also enjoy the impact protection from its cage-free heel.
Its outsole is made of a rubber compound with multi-directional pattern. The pattern resembles the feathers of a peacock. Its thick grooves are designed to withstand the pressures of both outdoor and indoor courts.
When you wear the Adidas Crazylight Boost Low 2018, you won’t have to deal with slip outs. The shoe brand is designed with several features to keep it in place in your foot even when you are making aggressive movements. Its sturdy heel counter and effective lacing system will help to keep the shoes on lockdown on your feet.
Its upper is made of textile material for extra flexibility and breathability. Its Achilles pillow is lined with foam to offer you a next-to-skin feel and support.
- It fits perfectly.
- Provides maximum traction on court surfaces.
- Excellently responsive.
- It’s extremely lightweight.
- Rubber sole makes it durable.
- Back collar and textile lining provides extra comfort.
- They are stable shoes.
- The textile upper makes the shoe breathable.
- Not-so-good-looking design.
- Runs half a size wider.
4. Nike Zoom Hyperrev Men’s Basketball Sneaker – Best All-round Basketball Shoe
This is the best all round shoe if you are looking for a basketball sneaker with enough cushioning and support. What we loved about the Nike Hyperrev Sneaker is its multi-directional tread patterns on its outsole and its neoprene bootie. Its cushioning system consists of two Zoom Air units. These units are embedded in its Phylon midsole and are mostly located on the forefoot and heel area.
Just like other top basketball sneakers, the Nike Zoom Hyperrev also uses a rubber compound on its outsole. The outsole has herringbone patterns that are multidirectional and are slightly altered. The tad patterns will give you a steady grip on court surfaces, whether clean or dusty. However, the soles are better on outdoor courts.
The shoe’s one piece bootie construction ensures that you will have a glove-like fit when you wear it. That’s not all in terms of the shoe’s lockdown mechanism. It’s Dynamic Flywire and its extended heel counter work together to offer you stability.
The Nike Zoom Hyperrev also features a screen mesh on the tongue of its inner bootie. This mesh makes the shoe breathable so that your foot will feel comfortably cool and dry throughout.
- Its lacing system features the Flywire technology that locks it down on your foot.
- Pliable and soft outsole rubber that makes it comfortable and without compromising on durability.
- Eccentric heel cage gives the shoe its personality.
- It’s a lightweight shoe.
- Impeccable outsole grip for maximum traction on all court surfaces.
- Features a sock-like upper construction.
- Allows for foot movement in all directions.
- Putting the shoe on is quite difficult due to its one-piece construction.
- Average cushioning.
5. Adidas Men’s D Lillard 2 Basketball Shoe – Best Budget Option
Do you love signature shoes that reflect the personality and style of the greatest players of the game? The Adidas Men’s D Lillard 2 Basketball Sneakers are designed to represent Damian Lillard, one of the greats of the game. It is a well-cushioned shoe that you can use for playing basketball on any court surface.
It has a Bounce cushioning system that runs throughout its full length. Its cushioning system is fine-tuned specifically to make the shoe the perfect choice for playing basketball. The cushioning system consists of a foam of dual-density that will give you high energy returns, protect you from impact and enhance your comfort.
The Torsion and Sprintframe blends well with the Bounce cushioning system to support the forefoot and the midfoot, giving you a smooth heel-to-toe transition. The Men’s D Lillard features a continental rubber outsole with herringbone patterns. These patterns are inspired by Lillard’s tattoos and will give you extraordinary grip on both dry and wet surfaces.
It features a Jacquard upper that is designed to conform to your foot and move with it. The Primeknit upper is soft, breathable and light. Its one-piece construction will give you the perfect fit.
- Designed with a TPU heel counter that will keep your foot in place.
- Extra padding on the ankle collar to prevent heel slipping.
- Versatile shoe as you can also rock it casually.
- Breaks in easily.
- Excellent traction on all court surfaces.
- Made of premium quality material.
- You will love its balanced feel.
- Runs a bit large.
- They feel heavy.
- Its outsole easily collect dust.
6. Nike Men’s Jordan Fly Unlimited Basketball Shoe – Best Stylish Shoe
This is the best stylish basketball shoe in the market right now. It features a configuration of technologies that will make it your dependable court partner. Sporting a slim foam, the Jordan Fly Unlimited features a mesh upper made of a light textile that will offer comfort and support to your foot while moving around on the court.
Its cushioning set up consists of Zoom Air unit on its forefoot area and Phylon Carrier. The Zoo Air unit provides excellent cushioning on the forefoot section while Phylon carrier offers responsiveness. Even better, the Jordan Fly Unlimited shoe will provide you with a pronounced court feel.
The shoe features a sticky rubber outsole that endows it with some extra durability. The outsole has unique patterns of tread that consist of vertical nubs. The nubs are arranged in a way that form cascading waves all over the shoe’s outsole. This will offer you maximum multidirectional traction.
- Easily supports jump shots and quick cuts.
- Its aesthetic elements are neatly executed.
- Can be worn casually.
- Full-bootie construction for a one-to-one fit.
- Employs a traditional lacing system that lockdowns the shoe on your feet.
- Upper consist of a soft and comfortable mesh.
- Generously padded and integrated tongue for extra comfort.
- The midsole also feels comfortable.
- Not suitable for people with wide feet.
- Does not offer maximum traction o all court surfaces.
7. Nike Air Jordan 32 Low BG Youth – Best Cushioned Basketball Shoe
Most basketball players love the Nike Air Jordan Low BG Youth because of its cushioning, material, lockdown and support. We loved this shoe because it combines both classic and modern elements that ensure you don’t go unnoticed when you wear the shoes.
The Jordan 32 Low BG Youth uses the FlightSpeed system that features Zoom Air units on its forefoot area. The heel area consists of regular unit. Both of these units are contained in a Phylon carrier. On top of these units, there is a TPU midfoot shank and a carbon plate to distribute the weight of your foot so as to protect your foot from impact. The carbon plate also amplifies the shoe’s cushioning power.
On the outsole, diamond shaped herringbone patterns provide multidirectional grip. The shoe’s base also features an external outrigger for stability. You can use the shoe both on indoor and outdoor courts. When it comes to the shoe’s lockdown mechanism, the shoe features side panels on its ankle area and a heel counter at the heel section. These, together with its Flyknit ability and lacing system, work together to keep your foot intact within the shoe.
- Thick and tightly woven upper conforms to the shape of your foot.
- Rubber outsole for maximum grip on the court.
- Made of premium materials.
- Its upper feels luxurious.
- Breaks in easily.
- Heel slippage is eliminated.
- Flight Speed system will make your feet feel so protected.
- Gives your foot a greater range of motion.
- Are a little bit clunky than its previous editions.
- Requires regular re-lacing since the upper stretches after a few hours of use.
In the long run, the best outdoor basketball shoe is one that will suit your style of play. However, we would like to recommend Nike LeBron Soldier XI Mens Shoes. While their ankle straps do not offer the required support, they will offer you with the best protection from impact.
They are also the most responsive basketball shoes. When you wear them, you will want to keep on dunking since your knees and muscles will not feel tired. Their insole is also plush and comfortable, meaning that you can wear it for longer periods and still feel comfortable.