Sleep is our body’s way of recharging and rejuvenating itself after a hard day’s activity. For children, it is more than just for resting the body. According to various studies, it has been proven that the human growth hormone is most active during sleep. That is why health specialists advise parents to ensure that their children’s sleeping environment is right for them.
When babies transition from their crib into their beds, they need the comfort and support of the best toddler pillow. Hence, it is crucial that you choose a pillow that is specifically made for them.
5 Best Toddler Pillows 2019 Reviews
**Below, you'll find our reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
This is without a doubt one of the best toddler pillows on the market today. It is well-loved by moms and dads all over. Little one's pillows are made from 100% USDA verified organic cotton with the hypoallergenic polyester filling material. It is a combination of comfort and unmatched hypoallergenic as it is free from chemical substances and highly resistant to dust mites.
This pillow features a thread count of 200, which makes it super comfortable for any toddler. It is designed to be soft, supportive, and with the right balance of fluffy and thinness to keep toddlers comfortable throughout the night.
- It is 100% chemical free. It is made without herbicides, fungicides, pesticides or GMO’s
- It is made of hypoallergenic polyester filling and 100%cotton case
- It is designed with the help of top chiropractors and pediatricians
- It has been rigorously tested in the US for optimal back, spinal and cranial health for toddlers
- It is not flame retardant
- It is Expensive
The Calla toddler pillow comes in the perfect size for toddlers. It has no harmful organic or non-organic materials and is free from retardant chemicals. This handcrafted pillow is stuffed with premium fillings designed to offer maximum comfort. It can be machine washed, and you don't have to worry about it getting clumped or ruined upon washing. Since it is hypoallergenic, it is safe to use.
The pillow is small and lightweight, which makes it highly portable. Its surface is made of cotton sateen for a softer and more comfortable feel.This pillow comes with a 3-year warranty against losing its bounce.
- It has excellent size for traveling
- It is machine washable
- It is handcrafted
- It does not contain pesticides or flame resistant chemicals
- 100% organic cotton sateen cover
- 3- year satisfaction guarantee
- It is pricey
- The interior filling is not organic
- Some clients think it is too thick and fluffy
The Angel’s Organic toddler pillow promises a lifetime guarantee. This company prides itself on its clump-free toddler pillows that stay true to its prime for years. This baby pillow is made out of CertiPUR_US certified memory foam that is free from any form of toxin. Its 100% organic cotton pillow cover is made from duly certified Oeko-Tex, a combination that provides your toddler’s head and neck sufficient support to rest comfortably.It also allows for greater management of temperatures that helps provide additional comfort. This pillow is machine washable as well.
- It is made with a blend of memory foam and polyester for optimal support and comfort
- It is built on the larger side to provide all round neck and head support and also grow with your toddler
- It fights bacteria, mold, mildew and any other disease-spreading pathogens
- It is Oeko-Tex Certified for being hypoallergenic and toxin free
- Promotes natural neck angle
- It comes with a lifetime guarantee
- It does not clump and stays plump
- It might be a little firm and not comfortable for all children.
- It is not too plump on the plump side
- Only the pillow cover is washable
The Snuggle-Pedic Toddler Pillow is built out of Kool-Flow technology that stays cool as your child sleeps. This pillow is made of Lycra, polyester, and bamboo. The foam material helps to hold its shape longer than down stuffed pillows.
However, it can be a little too firm for some toddlers.
It has a zippered and removable cover that has a nice stretch. One of the main reasons why people love the Snuggle-Pedic toddler pillow is due to the comfort and support it offers their little ones.
It is designed with the user’s best interest in mind as it can be customized to your child’s specific needs. Its shape is conforming, and it orthopedically gives your child sufficient support for the neck, stomach, and back. It is fully machine washable, and you don't have to worry about the foam going flat.
The temperature control through the Kool-Flow technology is one of the best parts of it. It is highly recommended for parents with toddlers who get sweaty through their sleep because it helps to keep them cool.
- Comes in the right size for most toddlers
- It offers soft support that is recommended for children.
- It is fully hypoallergenic
- It has a removable and washable cover
- Too firm. Some parents find it too firm for their toddlers
- Uncomfortable. The pillow can be too high for some toddlers and may misalign their head and cause spine pain
The Little Sleepy heady is one of the best pillows on the market. This take-it-everywhere baby pillow has the right softness and size for toddlers. It is 100% hypoallergenic and has a 200 thread count cotton fabric.
It is not too soft or too flat, and it supports your child’s neck even in different sleeping positions. You are guaranteed 100% satisfaction when using this pillow.
- Its dimensions of 13 x 18 x 4 inches is the right size for toddlers as it allows them to sleep comfortably without straining their neck and shoulder
- It is 100% hypoallergenic and does not cause or contribute to allergies
- The company offers a 90-day money back guarantee
- It is machine washable
- It contains premium polyester cluster fiber fill
- It is approved by doctors to be comfortable and delicate for your child’s neck and shoulders
- You will need to purchase a separate pillow case
- The pillow surface can get scratched
- It can be too lofty or fluffy for those who prefer flatter pillows
What Is A Toddler Pillow?
A toddler pillow is your child’s first pillow and an essential part of their lifestyle that will accompany them to sleep every night. Ordinary pillows for the grownups are not suitable for children as they can be too big and harsh on their sensitive skin. A toddler pillow is specially designed to be small and supportive, helping your child snuggle-up to it comfortably for a good night’s rest.
Due to the rise in demand for the best toddler pillows, there is an increased range of options to choose from. These pillows cater to a variety of needs and are made of different materials. Here are some of the most important features to look out for when buying a toddler pillow
Safety is a very high concern when purchasing sleep gear for your child. The last thing you want to think about when putting your child to bed is any possible dangers. Children spend a lot of their time sleeping in their cribs, and something as simple as a pillow can pose a safety hazard. It is, therefore, important that you opt for pediatrician recommended size 19 x 13 inches for your toddler. Also, chose one that is hypoallergenic to prevent allergies.
The best toddler pillow for your child should have a subtle balance between comfort and support. Press your finger down on the pillow to check its comfort level. If it doesn't regain its original shape, consider taking another one as it is unsafe. A pillow that does not restore its form is too soft for your toddler and poses a suffocation risk.
On the flip side, if you press down your finger on the pillow and it does not change its shape or move at all, then it may be too hard to offer your child the comfort they deserve. Although most toddler pillows are designed to provide the best support, parents remain the best people to make the right decision for their children.
Pillow Fill Material
Different kinds of material can be used to fill toddler pillows. The most popular elements include Synthetic Fill, Memory foam, Feathers, and Down. These are highly preferred because they ease the cleaning process of the pillow.
Since you do not want to keep going back to the shop to buy another pillow, you need to make sure that you buy the best available product on the market. Ensure you acquire only the best, high quality and durable pillow.
When buying a pillow for your toddler, make sure not to buy the regular ones made for adults. A toddler has a small body, and if they use an adult's pillow, it may bring discomfort or stiffness to their body parts. Take the time to research on the different sizes available in the market before buying.
Is your toddler sensitive to microbes, dust, mold, dust, and miters? Then hypoallergenic pillows are recommended since they are made from a special material which helps decrease allergic reactions.
Getting the right pillow for your toddler can be tough, mostly because there are a variety of options to choose from. Before buying a toddler pillow, consider whether they have any allergies, the cover material, pillow till material, washability, and guarantee
While all the pillows reviewed herein are great, we highly recommend the Little One’s Pillow. This toddler pillow is designed for top pediatricians and chiropractors. It is made out of 100% certified organic cotton shell that is genuinely chemical free. The company also makes custom pillows with more or less filling according to your toddler’s needs.