Having a stunning white smile can boost your confidence and make you more attractive to the people around you. Many people struggle with dingy teeth, but there are many products that you can use to brighten your smile easily. Whitening toothpastes are very helpful for this, because they are convenient to use and easy to purchase. In this article, we’ll cover how to choose a whitening toothpaste, and we’ll review some of the best options on the market right now.
- 1 Benefits of Having A Bright Smile
- 2 Top 5 Best Whitening Toothpaste Reviews
- 3 What To Look For In A Toothpaste
- 4 What To Avoid In Toothpaste
- 5 How to Use Whitening Toothpaste
- 6 Conclusion
Benefits of Having A Bright Smile
There are many benefits to having a whiter smile. While the color of your teeth is a personal preference, most people find a white smile to be very charming and attractive. When you have a nice, white smile, you’ll find that you attract others in social situations. You’ll also start to feel more confident in yourself, and you’ll feel more confident smiling around others.
A white smile is also a great accessory with any outfit or makeup look. It makes you appear healthy, because people with good dental hygeine often have very bright white teeth. It shows that you take care with your appearance, which makes a good impression on those around you. For women, a white smile also makes it easier to pull off vivid shades of lipstick, which makes it easier to express your personality.
Top 5 Best Whitening Toothpaste Reviews
**Below, you'll find our reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
This is one of the most popular whitening toothpaste options on the market, and it is easy to see why. Not only is it very easy to find at local stores and online, but it is also very effective.
It has a blend of ingredients that keep your teeth clean and healthy. It contains cleaning silica to keep your teeth spotless, as well as fluoride to prevent cavities.
It also contains polishing silica, which has a rough texture that buffs away surface stains. It also contains sodium hydroxide to whiten your teeth.
This toothpaste has a very pleasant mint flavor. It removes surface stains very effectively, although it does not give the bleached white result that many people expect. It is ideal for those who drink coffee or red wine, because it continually removes and prevents staining.
It makes the teeth feel very pleasant, clean, and refreshed, and keeps your breath smelling nice as well. Because this toothpaste is not very aggressive when it comes to whitening, it does not result in sensitivity, and you can use it every day.
- It has a very pleasant flavor that many people enjoy. The mint taste is mild and keeps breath fresh.
- It removes surface stains very effectively, and prevents food and drinks from leaving new ones.
- It makes your teeth feel very clean and spotless. You won’t experience a grubby or unclean feeling.
- It does not result in sensitivity, and you can use it multiple times per day.
- Since it does not contain bleach or any other aggressive whitening agent, it will not give your teeth the sparkling look that many people expect. Instead, it slowly whitens while removing existing stains.
Charcoal is a very natural way to improve the quality of your teeth. This toothpaste uses charcoal as the main ingredient to get rid of existing tooth staining and result in a brighter white look.
The gel formula is completely organic, so if you prefer to stick to products that are natural and don’t contain harsh chemicals and minerals, this is a good option for you.
It does not contain SLS or artificial colors, which many people prefer to avoid. It also is designed to reduce gum inflammation and prevent ulcers.
This toothpaste also delivers noticeable results after the first few uses. You’ll need to continue using it consistently to maintain the white color. It has a mint flavor that is generally pleasant and unoffensive. It also removes food and plaque from your mouth thoroughly, resulting in a very clean feeling.
Overall, this toothpaste is very effective as long as you continually keep it as a part of your oral health routine.
- It has a very natural formula that does not contain any harmful ingredients.
- The whitening results are noticeable after the first few uses.
- It keeps the mouth feeling very fresh and clean, and is designed to have oral health benefits.
- This toothpaste does not result in any sensitivity and you can use it every time you brush your teeth.
- Whitening results are not permanent, you need to continually use this toothpaste to maintain the pleasant white color.
This is a natural whitening toothpaste that is designed to make your teeth stronger and happier.
Most natural toothpastes do not also contain fluoride, but this one does, so it protects the enamel of your teeth. It also is not abrasive the way some other whitening toothpastes are, so it doesn’t scratch the enamel of your teeth.
It uses sodium fluoride and peroxide to whiten the teeth, and it results in very white teeth with continual use.
The flavor of this toothpaste is a cool mint that has a bit of a kick to it. It’s ideal for those who don’t like sweet toothpastes, and it also keeps your breath feeling fresh for longer. It’s very effective for keeping teeth white consistently, and it quickly removes surface stains within one use.
However, some people do find that they experience sensitivity after using it for a long period of time, because it does contain strong whitening ingredients.
- The toothpaste contains fluoride, which strengthens your teeth, as well as strong whitening agents to remove long-term staining.
- The taste is very unique and appealing, and it keeps your breath fresh for a long period of time.
- It does not have any rough ingredients that will scratch or damage your enamel.
- Over time, some people find they experience sensitivity while using this toothpaste.
This is another natural product that whitens teeth effectively. The formula contains pure activated coconut charcoal powder, which is a very strong tooth whitening ingredient. The formula does not contain bleach or other harsh ingredients, and it is all natural, which is very appealing.
This product is also detoxifying, so it keeps your mouth healthy by removing germs and preventing inflammation.
This product is very effective for both whitening and cleaning. Teeth look whiter after one or two uses, and it provides a clean feeling that makes it feel as if you’ve just been to the dentist.
The powder formula can be quite difficult to get used to, and it can be very messy as well. Some people choose to use another toothpaste in addition to this one to fully remove the charcoal grits and to strengthen the teeth, since the texture of this powder can be abrasive.
- The all-natural formula does not contain toxins and boosts dental health.
- The charcoal buffs away surface stains and results in white teeth very quickly.
- The powder formula takes some getting used to, and it can be very messy.
- Since the powder is difficult to rinse out, you may need to use another toothpaste along with this one.
This whitening toothpastes differs from others in that it is not abrasive at all - in fact, it is safe to use on veneers, caps, bondings, and dentures.
It not only removes plaque, but it is also designed to keep your teeth feeling fresh for longer. It quickly removes stains from coffee, wine, and other staining food and drink items.
It does this by using Calprox, which dissolves the layer of protein that forms over your teeth after you eat and drink, breaking down surface stains.
This toothpaste comes in several different flavors and tastes pleasant. It leaves teeth feeling clean and fresh, and prevents long-term dental issues.
However, the texture of this toothpaste can be a bit unpleasant, as it is very dry and tends to clump. You also may not see whitening results right away, as the gentle formula takes time to work.
- It is very safe to use and promotes good dental health by keeping plaque at bay.
- It can be used on veneers, bondings, and other dental treatments.
- It comes in several different flavors.
- The dry texture may be unpleasant.
- It takes time before you’ll see results with this toothpaste.
What To Look For In A Toothpaste
There are many different toothpaste formulas currently on the market, and for many consumers, it can be difficult to choose between them. There are certain attributes you should look for when shopping for a whitening toothpaste.
The first thing you’ll want to look for is an ingredient or formula that removes surface stains from your teeth. This ingredient will generally be somewhat grainy and work almost as an exfoliant for your teeth. The second is a whitening agent that actually makes your teeth brighter. The combination of these two things ensures that not only are the stains removed from your teeth, but also that they’ll continue to stay white. The most common whitening agent is hydrogen peroxide.
Additionally, you should look for a whitening toothpaste that does not make the teeth overly sensitive. While it is common to experience a certain amount of sensitivity when using any whitening toothpaste, some cause more sensitivity than others. Keep in mind that some people are also more prone to tooth sensitivity than others.
On top of these concerns, which are specific to whitening toothpaste, you should also be looking for a few basic cleaning features. It is important that the dental products you use contain fluoride, as this strengthens the enamel of the teeth and makes them less prone to cavities. You’ll also want to make sure that the toothpaste has a pleasant flavor that keeps your breath smelling nice for hours after you brush.
What To Avoid In Toothpaste
There are also many ingredients you should avoid when purchasing a toothpaste. You want to make sure that the toothpaste you are using is healthy for your mouth and doesn’t contain anything that could be detrimental to you, either in the short or long-term. Generally, you’ll want to try to avoid parabens, which are preservatives that have been shown to have negative long term consequences for the body.
Additionally, you should try and avoid artificial sweeteners when you can, because these can be bad for your health overall.
How to Use Whitening Toothpaste
You should generally brush your teeth twice per day, or after any meals that leave lots of debris on your teeth.
You can use your whitening toothpaste every time you brush your teeth. You should make sure that you are brushing all parts of your mouth as well as your tongue, and that you are moving your brush in gentle circular motions, being careful not to press too hard on the gums. You will also want to make sure to brush your teeth for approximately two minutes during each session to see good results.
With many great options on the market, it can be difficult to choose between toothpastes to keep your teeth white. Each product we reviewed can keep your teeth both healthy and bright white.