Keeping your kitchen cabinets clean is one massive task that everyone struggles with. Most people do not remember that these kitchen cabinets need constant cleaning just like your laundry and kitchen floor.
For instance, dirt like grease and dust builds up on these wooden platforms. This dirt accumulates over time and leaves you wondering how you will eliminate that dirt without scraping off the finish.
We know the struggle but what if someone told you that cleaning these kitchen cabinets is as easy as a, b, c…? I just took you back to school right there.
Anyway, you can clean these kitchen cabinets with solutions such as vinegar. In this article, we will answer every question in regards to cleaning kitchen cabinets with the vinegar.
If you follow the directions in this article, you will have an almost brand new kitchen all over again. Trust me.
What is Vinegar?
Vinegar is an acidic solution that has a pH of between 2 to 3.5. It borrows its name from the French name vin aigre, which means fermented wine.
Yes. The French discovered the solution that arose from fermented wine. Storing wine for an extended period of time ferments it to become wine. Additionally, you have to allow oxygen to pass through the wine.
You can not only use vinegar to add flavor to your food but you can also use it to clean various things including:
• To remove odors from seats
• Clean your windows, carpets and no wax floors
• Eliminate stains that build up on the toilet bowl
• To wash your hands after cutting an onion or garlic
• Cleaning chopping boards
• Cleaning refrigerators, stovetops, and kitchen counters• You can use vinegar to clean laundry
• You can also use vinegar to clean pets
Various Types of Vinegar
Soak grains in some water. Then wait for the seeds to sprout. The enzymes found in the grains then transform the starch into sugar. This sugar is allowed to ferment.
Cooks use this type of vinegar to apply on chips and fish meat.
Special grapes ferment to develop a dark brown color that is sweet and sour in taste. They are mostly used for desserts because they contain high levels of sugar. This vinegar originates from Italy.
Red and White Vinegar
You use the type of vinegar in making salads and sauces. These types of vinegar originate from wine grapes. These solutions have the same taste as the wine grapes
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apples are pressed and stored. They ferment to become alcohol and finally become vinegar. You can add this vinegar to different recipes. It also contains health benefits such as dealing with GI stress.
Distilled Water Vinegar
This vinegar comes from distilled fermented alcohol. Used for various cooking purposes such as dressing your salad and added to ketchup. You can use this vinegar to clean as well.
How To Clean Your Kitchen Cabinets
One of the busiest rooms in your house would be the kitchen. This is why you need to make sure that you clean those cabinets, hinges, and counters.
From here, we will discuss various ways you can clean different kinds of dust that mess up the cleanliness of your kitchen cabinets.
How To Remove Dirt
- Soft cloth
- Linseed oil
- Paper towels
- Mix the vinegar solution in a bottle
- You can take the wooden piece that needs cleaning outside. This is because the solution can produce a dreadful smell that turns you off immediately
- You can sprinkle the solution on the wood and use the soft cloth to clean the wood. See to it that you do not sprinkle the solution directly as this would destroy the wood
- Do not scrub the wood. However, continue wiping until you see no dust on the surfaces
- Use a toothbrush to clean the hinges. Use the cloth to wipe away all the remaining solutions
- Leave the wood to dry
How To Remove Grease
- Baking soda
- Murphy oil soap
- Spray bottle
- Mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda and water. Ensure that you warm the water
- Dip the sponge in the solution and spread it over the greasy surface
- Move the sponge gently to eliminate the grease
- Rinse with water and a towel
- For stubborn grease, apply vinegar to the affected spot. Rinse the vinegar with water
- Repeat this process as many times as possible until you completely remove the grease
- You can use the Murphy oil soap if the vinegar and the baking soda do not eliminate the grease. Use the same procedure as with the previous solutions
How To Clean Hinges
- Baking soda
- Detergent (use the mild version)
- Soft cloth
- You can examine the hinges before you can determine whether you will have to remove them for a full cleanup. You will have to remove the hinges first if you find them dirty.
However, you can wash the hinges without removing them if they have a little and reachable dirt
- Mix the soap with some warm water. Take the toothbrush and use it to remove the dirt from the hinges
- Use your cloth to remove the dirt
- Rinse with water and a towel
- Use the toothbrush and the baking soda and water solution to remove any remaining sticky dirt. Ensure that you eradicate all the dirt
- Wipe those hinges using rubbing alcohol to remove any infections. Additionally, this rubbing alcohol can be used to make the hinges glitter
- Use vinegar to make the hinges shine again
- You can also put the hinges in water and ammonia solution before you re-install them once again
Vinegar contains an odor that can turn you off while working. It can also leave some smell on your hands when using it.
For this reason, ensure that you use a pair of gloves to protect your hands and a facemask to keep your nose from the bad smell.
Also, some people dislike the smell of vinegar hence it is crucial to leave the windows open when cleaning and drying.
Do not spray the vinegar directly on the furniture. This would mess the cabinet’s finish. In fact, that is the reason why people discourage excessive vinegar use to clean these surfaces.
See to it that you use the correct amount of the vinegar. Most experts state that the solution should consist of 75% vinegar and 25% of water.
I hope you have seen how easy it is. Now it is up to you to ensure that your kitchen cabinets regularly.
We would love to hear your opinion about the article. You can post a comment on the comments section.
Also, share the article if you liked it.