In recent times, people prefer homemade smoothies to buying a glass/packet at a juice bar or local convenient store. This is because you can control the ingredients you put in the smoothie when you are blending it all by yourself.
Smoothies have numerous advantages also. You can drink a glass of smoothie during any time of the day. They are suitable for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In fact, most people who want to lose weight substitute their meals with a glass of this excellent drink.
Smoothies are easy to make. You only need a few minutes to make a glass of smoothie.
Most people think that every smoothie needs to have yogurt as the base drink. However, this is not the case. You can substitute yogurt with other liquid bases such as plain cold water, peanut butter, milk and many other bases.
Some people dislike the sour taste in yogurt, while others do not like the fact that yogurt contains some fats. This makes the smoothie a not suitable alternative for those who want to lose some weight.
In this article, we will discuss how you can make a healthy smoothie without yogurt.
We will show you step-by-step procedures for preparing different smoothies by fruit type.
So hang around.
Preparing You Smoothie
• Pick the fruit that you desire to make. You can decide to freeze your fruits first so that your smoothie will have a cold refreshing taste
• Choose a flavor that will replace the yogurt. Examples include coconut milk, orange juice, coconut water, honey, cinnamon, peanut butter, agave syrup.
• You can use an avocado or a banana to make your smoothie extra creamy.
How to Make Individual Smoothie by Fruit Type
1. Mango Smoothie
Mangoes have significant health benefits to our bodies. Most people just eat the fruit because it has a sweet taste. However, the fruit has been known to:
• To protect the body against some types of cancer such as colon, cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer and leukemia
• It helps to control cholesterol levels in your body
• To deal with pimples and pores on the skin
• They help you to see clearly during the night. This is because it has elements of vitamin A
• Contributes to strengthen your immune system
What you need
A cup of fresh mango
Milk (Low Fat)
- Cut the mango into small slices. You can freeze the mango just before you use them
- Put all the fruits in the blender
- Add some of the milk into the mixture
- Add the honey and the banana to sweeten the smoothie
- After blend it is ready for consumption
2. Strawberry Smoothie
From a general perspective, strawberries are incredibly sweet.
On the other hand, these fruits contain vitamins, minerals, fiber. These nutrients have considerable benefits to our bodies.
• Strawberries contain nutrients that protect your eyes from dryness, macular and optical nerve degeneration, and visual defects among other infections
• Strawberries contain vitamin C that helps fight common cold and flu. Additionally, vitamin C is also an essential nutrient that assists in the white blood cells formation. The white blood cells help to fight diseases in the body
• Strawberries help to fight against arthritis and gout. Strawberries contain antioxidants and detoxifiers that help strengthen joints
• Strawberries contain anthocyanins, vitamin C, quercetins that help to fight cancer cells and development of tumors
• Vitamin C helps the brain to function properly. For instance, consuming these fruits can help old people keep their memory stronger
How to Prepare
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces
- Add a small piece of ripe banana into the mixture
- Add milk into the mixture
- Add 1 table spoon of peanut butter
- Add some ice cubes if you had not frozen the strawberries
- Blend and then serve in a glass
3. Blueberry Smoothie
• They contain vitamin K, magnesium, zinc, iron and manganese. They minerals strengthen the bone and help to prevent any possible fracture
• They contain sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium that help to reduce the blood pressure in your body
• Consuming these fruits three times a week may help to reduce your chances of having type 2 diabetes. These fruits contain some fiber that helps to balance blood sugar levels
• Fiber contained in these fruits helps to reduce cholesterol levels in the body hence prevent heart problems
• These fruits contain vitamin A and C that contribute to fighting cancer cells
• Fiber helps to reduce appetite. This is essential for individuals who want to lose weight
• They also contain vitamin C, which is also crucial in preventing your skin from smoke or sun damage. Therefore, fights wrinkles present on your skin
How to Prepare
- Wash the berries and put them in your blender
- Add fresh milk
- Add a maximum of two spoons of honey into the mixture
- Put some ice cubes into the blender. Add these cubes only if you had not frozen the fruits
- Blend until the mixture is smooth and serve in glass
4. Berry Smoothies
This mixture involves a combination of various berries. They include the strawberry, raspberry, and the blueberry.
Benefits of mixed berries
• They contain fiber that is important for preventing constipation hence you will have a healthy digestive system
• Berries help to strengthen your heart by reducing cholesterol levels and lower blood pressure
• Berries strengthen your bones. They contain polyphenols that ensure that your bone density does not disintegrate even when you experience menopause
• You can eat berries to prevent development of Alzheimer’s disease
• Blueberries and cranberries assist in fighting urinary tract infections (UTI).
How to Prepare
- Put all the cleaned berries into the blender. Ensure that you wash them before you blend them
- Add a sliced banana
- Add a cup of milk into the mixture
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar
- If you have not frozen any of the fruits, add 5 ice cubes for a cold blended mixture
- Blend and serve
Extra Tips When Making Any Fruit Smoothie
• Ensure that the fruits used are ripe and fresh. This will minimize the risk of any food poisoning• You can choose to use fruit juice instead of milk
• Add some other type of fruit to add to the smoothie’s taste. However, ensure you add the extra fruit type in minimum portions to prevent the original fruit taste from disappearing
• Add banana slices to enhance the smoothie's thickness
• You can place some slices of fruits or some extra fruits on top of the smoothie to decorate the drink when serving your visitors
• You can also add some vegetables to the smoothie. See to it that you put the right amounts so that you do not feel their taste whatsoever. Examples of vegetables are small amounts of spinach, beetroot, carrots and cucumber
That is it friends. You can now enjoy your smoothie with your friends and family.
We hope you have enjoyed the article.We would love to hear from you. Please comment and let us know your favorite smoothie.
You can as well share the article with your friends.