Everyone’s number one consideration when buying blankets is that they should be able to provide the necessary warmth and coziness that your body needs. During cold nights such as winter, the body will always want to keep itself warm during sleep.
You can buy fleece blankets from any sheet store to help you fight all levels of cold. These blankets are manufactured using recycled plastic bottles combined with polyester. The two constituents are then twisted together tightly.
The inside part of the blanket is usually softer than the opposite side. These among many other properties make it more likable among many individuals.
Fleece blankets are easy to clean, and in this article, we will show you simple ways to clean this type of blankets. Nevertheless, before we do that, allow us to share some useful information about the fleece blankets
Type of fleece
Other than blankets, other clothing that uses this material as well. This is because they are well known to keep the body from feeling cold. For instance, tops and jackets.
There Are 5 Common Types Of Fleece Material
Berber fleece blankets: This type of blanket does not have great insulating properties. They are best used to snuggle during the day. People prefer to use it make linings because of their lightness.
Anti-pill finish fleece blankets: These blankets are heavier. Both sides have different designs when compared. One side has a well-designed clear side while the other side is not. You can also refer to these types of blankets as premium or velour fleece.
Brushed Finish Fleece blankets: These types of fleece blankets have a brushed finish that gives the blankets their smoothness and flatness. The brushed finish can be seen from both sides of the blanket.
Micro chamois fleece blankets: that have a soft texture and light.
Sherpa fleece blankets: whose texture resembles that of a sheep’s wool.
Some Of The Advantages Of Fleece Blankets?
- Fleece blankets will always keep you warm. This is because of their fluffiness.
- They are light. Thus, they will not be bother you when washing them in the washing machine.
- These blankets can last longer even when you wash them in your dryer severally. This makes it easy to maintain them. Additionally, it is rare to see this type of fabric tear or shrink after washing.
- You can easily carry them from one place to another. For instance, you can cover yourself with one of these when you fall asleep during a journey.
- Anyone can use a fleece blankets independent of their age. Therefore, it makes the blanket a good gift for your loved ones.
Disadvantages Of Fleece Blankets
- You should never wash these blankets with hot water or else you will damage them.
- These blankets are flammable because they come from petroleum sources. They should be treated with a flame resistant fabric during manufacturing.
- Fleece blankets can generate static electricity that make it easy for the blanket to house hair, dust and other debris.
Taking Care Of Your Fleece Blankets
Proper handling of fleece blankets makes it durable. Otherwise, many people complain that these blankets end up losing their softness.
Because dirt and other debris can stick on the blankets, this makes the blankets a must wash every now and then.
- Remember that this fabric is highly resistant to heat. You should therefore ensure that you never wash these blankets using any type of heat. This may cause the blanket to lose its softness. If, for instance, the blanket is made from low quality fleece, it may quickly become rough if not washed in the right temperature conditions.
- These blankets become prone to every type of dirt because you can use these blankets anywhere in your house. Therefore, you should embark on removing the stain before the washing day. Simply apply cornstarch that has some baby powder. Scratch the stain with your fingers. The stain will disappear by morning.
- Warm water or even hot water can cause pilling .Therefore; you should stick to cold water and a gentle detergent. Ensure that you first let the detergent to settle in the machine before putting the blanket.
- You can choose to hang the fleece or spread it on a flat ground. Make sure that the heat outside does not cause any pilling. You can choose to dry it in the dryer if you are in a bad weather condition environment. Make sure that you keep it in an area with lower temperature. Remove your blanket immediately it dries
- One of the significant challenges that fleece blankets face is having tiny balls that attach themselves to fiber ends. They attach themselves because of static energy and friction. Thus, in such a case, you can remove those balls using an electric fabric washer, a sweater shaver or a razor that you will dispose of later.
The razor is the cheapest method to use. Ensure that you use light pressure to prevent cutting the fabric. Pick the dirt that falls using some tape because the dirt can reattach itself again.
How Do You Wash Your Fleece Blankets?
Finally, we get to discuss the process of washing these blankets.
Step 1: Take a detergent and spray it on the blanket if there are stains on the blankets. See to it that you wholly spray the stains. Let the detergent sit there for some time before you can use a paper towel to scrub the stain. It is important not to rub immediately you apply the detergent.
Step 2: Put the blankets in the washing machine. Set the machine to a low temperature. The temperature inside the machine should be less of warm.
Choose to wash the blanket with other fleece clothes and jackets. This is because they can quickly ruin if you wash it with dense fabric.
Let the washer wash the blanket delicately to avoid twisting up. In addition, you should avoid any bleaching agent to protect it from losing its color.
You can choose to hang them outside or dry them using low heat.
However, hanging them outside is a good option because you let them release bad odors so that it can smell better.
You can also use softening products to help retain a good smell. Remember not to hang the sheets for long to prevent fabric ruins.
An extra tip: Please do not iron the fabric as the heat can also destroy the fabric. In addition, we do not advocate bleach use.
Cleaning your fleece blankets is an easy task. Ensure that you apply all the processes that we have talked for better results. Additionally, store them in a safe place.
We would like to hear about what you think about the article. Please feel free to comment on the comment section. You can share the article with your friends as well.