Cleaning your pillow is as important as cleaning your mattress. You purchase a pillow with the purpose of optimizing your sleep comfort. Buying a bamboo pillow may feel as an achievement to you. This material is one of the best in the industry. But then all will depend on your ability and knowledge on how to take care of the pillow. More so you will have to know and understand how to clean a bamboo pillow lest you end-up destroying it.
A bamboo pillow is different from any other standard pillow in terms of quality and attributes. It is much far better. Therefore you ought to apply a different procedure when cleaning it. A unique procedure in that case. Below is the procedure backed-up with some superb tips on how to clean and maintain your bamboo pillow.
Importance Of Using a Bamboo Pillow
If you are lucky enough to have bought a pillow made of bamboo fibers, it means that you know how great it is for your health to lay your head on it at night. Apart from comfort optimization, bamboo pillows are bound to provide great services to you. Some of these services include the following:
• They are non-toxic: A bamboo pillow is made of fibers from a bamboo plant. No chemical material is used in the manufacturing of the pillow. Be assured that no toxic emissions are related to bamboo pillows.
• Keep dust mites and allergens at bay: Bamboo pillows are infused with hypoallergenic elements that help eliminate all allergenic agents from your bed. With a bamboo pillow, you rest assured that no allergies will befall you.
• Keep your head and neck cool: Temperature conditions highly determine how comfortable your sleep will be. You will agree with me when I say that it is difficult to fall asleep when your body is hot and you are sweating. Well, the bamboo pillow is tailored to regulate your body temperatures. It maintains a cool temperature on your neck and head allowing you to get a sound sleep with no sweating whatsoever
• They prevent snoring: If snoring has been your problem, a bamboo pillow is what you need. I know it’s disgusting when you snore at night. I can imagine the embarrassment on your face when your partner complains of your snoring at night. Get a bamboo pillow and avoid all this.
• It is convenient for allergic people: As I said earlier in the article, bamboo pillows are tailored to keep allergens at bay. If you are a victim of asthma and other allergies, a bamboo pillow is an ideal product for you.
• Bacteria and fungi protection: Bamboo is tied to protecting you against bacteria and fungi Why should you clean your bamboo pillow? Have you ever slept on a dirty pillow? How does it feel? Obviously disgusting. There several reasons as to why you should keep your bamboo pillow clean and fresh. These include:
• To eliminate bad odors: When something is dirty, it is more likely to smell bad. The same applies to your bamboo pillow. Dirt will make it produce a bad smell making it hard for you to get a sound comfortable sleep. To avoid this, you should clean your pillow regularly
• To maintain free and fresh airflow: Your body requires enough and fresh air every time. A dirty pillow will neither allow free nor fresh airflow. You can imagine the dirt particles beneath and on the surface of your bamboo pillow. There will never be any fresh airflow with that dirty pillow. You ought to wash it for free and fresh airflow.
• To maintain its durability: Dirt is more capable of lowering the durability of your pillow. Dirt most likely leads to wearing out of clothes and other related products. The same case applies to pillows. Dirty pillows are not likely to have any long lifespan.
How to Clean a Bamboo Pillow
It is quite possible and easy to clean a bamboo pillow. But then this is not like any other pillow. There is a procedure you should follow to ensure that the cleaning process is done perfectly. Do not wash it just like any standard pillow. It’s unique and requires gentle washing. You can’t wash a bamboo pillow using a washing machine unless you want to destroy it. Below is a step by step procedure to guide you when cleaning your bamboo pillow.
1. Remove the Cover
Bearing in mind that a bamboo pillow needs a considerate care, first and foremost, remove the bamboo cover. The cover is safe to clean in a washing machine. So you can either choose to wash it manually with water or use the washing machine. Note that the above step is only for the bamboo cover. Not for the pillow.
2. Prepare the Washing Requirements
Now that we understand how to wash the cover, we can now proceed with cleaning the pillow. Here you need to have a clean and stainless sink, a detergent and lukewarm water. Mark, you the detergent should be gentle and not contain any bleach.
3. Fill the Sink With Water
After you have all the three requirements ready, go on and fill the sink with the lukewarm water. Be careful not to use too hot water lest you end –up damaging the pillow. The water shouldn’t be too cold either.
4. Add Your Detergent
Pour a small amount of your gentle detergent into the water and allow it to completely mix with the water. This should take 2-3 minutes to avoid an extreme drop in the water temperature. It's advisable to star for fast desorption of the detergent.
5. Soak Your Pillow
After adding the detergent, it’s now time to place the pillow in the sink. Give it enough time to soak and completely get wet.
6. Wash the Pillow
When you are sure the pillow is completely wet, do a thorough washing. Don’t forget to be gentle when handling the pillow. Don’t apply much force when washing. You may pour a small amount of detergent on the pillow. Do a gentle squeezing to ensure that the detergent penetrates to the entire pillow.
7. Rinse the Pillow
After the washing is done, drain the sink completely and pour some water. Make sure the water still maintains the same lukewarm temperature. Place the pillow into the water and gently do the squeezing. This is to remove the detergent. Squeeze the pillow until you’re sure the detergent is completely removed.
8. Dry Your Pillow
Now that your pillow is completely clean and fresh, you need to dry it. Again the same way we avoided the washing machine, we should avoid the dryer here too. Air dry your pillow under the sun for convenience purposes. It is slow but a sure way to dry your pillow. Make sure the pillow is completely dry before using it again. If the pillow does not dry completely, this may lead to the formation of mildew. After the pillow completely dries, slip back the clean cover gently. You can now use your pillow comfortably.
A bamboo pillow can only optimize your sleep comfort only if it is kept clean and fresh. You already have the cleaning procedure here. Make sure you follow the steps to the latter for a perfect cleaning. The procedure is also applicable to any other pillow. Make your sleep more comfortable with a clean and fresh pillow.